Thursday, March 09, 2006

Just finished a book

Just finished a book.  Read it from beginning to end in one sitting.  It was interesting but had the opportunity since I was flat on my back.  Mostly cause I’m an idiot.  Filling in my driveway, I was lifting sand over my head.  All of a sudden, I felt a flash in my back in the half bent over position.  Put the sand down and thought “this is how middle-age guys on TV look when they throw out there backs”  

Was able to bite through it until… my 2 yr’old was falling off a chair face first.  Not a question – had to catch her. Bang Back gone the rest of the way.  So I begin diving into “Peace like a River” http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/087113795X   Good book, very similar to the Brothers K.  I like the books that have a respect for Providence.  Things happen for a reason but often not what you expect.

A little bonus about living in the Northwest.  After not having much reduction in pain, we called the dr. on call.  Instead of listening for 2 seconds and prescribing drugs, the dr. listened.  He, then asked a couple key questions about the symptoms followed up with “what homeopathics do you have around the house?”  His suggestion – start with the homeopathics for reason x, y, & z.  If you need stronger medicine don’t hesitate to call.  What a nice twist.  This approach fits so well with my philosophy in many areas.  Simplest solution for the problem, start with the cheapest & work to more expensive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home