Saturday, January 14, 2006

2006 has begun

2006 has begun and I have all these ideas and lofty goals for the year.  There are a few routines I’d like to start: growing in family worship, new traditions to generate artifacts of memories (kid paintings, voice recordings), morning walks etc.  Maybe we’ll get moving a bit more, maybe not.

I have to wonder though – another year and I hear more & more about people “wanting to lose weight”.  What’s the point of that?  Weight is a symptom – not a goal.  Losing weight for the sake of losing weight seems so futile, no wonder people quit.  The goal is messed up, instead of a weight oriented goal such as lose 10lbs – the goal should be outcome based, such as ride my bike to work daily with no discomfort or fit into my old jeans.

Whether I enact any of these goals or not, it will be exciting to live with three little kids and a marvelous wife this year.  The surprises will come from all corners – I can’t wait.

1 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What do you mean? Are you implying watching The Biggest Loser is not valuable use of time? Don't you care about whether Steven and Sarah will win their $50,000 dream wedding????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home